Sunday, May 13, 2012

Today

Today, I should be 29 weeks pregnant.

Today, I should be larger than life with a belly that induces waddling.

Today, I should be feeling my little growing boy bounce off the walls of my womb.

Today, I should be a expectant mother, celebrating my first Mother's Day in a blissful state.

Instead...

Today, my son has been gone for 7 weeks.

Today, my belly contains only fat, and nothing to rejoice in.

Today, the phantom jumps of my son haunt me.

Today, I am the mother of a boy in heaven, celebrating Mother's Day in grief.



Today, I can only hope in the future. I can only wish that next year I will have our second child in my arms to help heal the pain I feel today. I can only bury myself into my husband and wait for the clouds to clear, and for the sun to peep through.

Today, I am a Mother, I am a wife, and I am broken. Today, tomorrow, and forever, I love you Matthew.



No comments:

Post a Comment